Property Owners Bill of Rights
This Bill of Rights does not represent all of your rights under Florida law regarding your property and should not be viewed as a comprehensive guide to property rights. This document does not create a civil cause of action and neither expands nor limits any rights or remedies provided under any other law. This document does not replace the need to seek legal advice in matters relating to property law. Laws relating to your rights are found in the State Constitution, Florida Statutes, local ordinances, and court decisions. Your rights and protections include:
- The right to acquire, possess, and protect your property.
- The right to use and enjoy your property.
- The right to exclude others from your property.
- The right to dispose of your property.
- The right to due process.
- The right to just compensation for property taken for a public purpose.
- The right to relief, or payment of compensation, when a new law, rule, regulation, or ordinance of the state or a political entity unfairly affects your property.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Sumter County Property Appraiser
218 E McCollum Avenue
Bushnell, Florida 33513-6124